The RPCA will be hosting a quick Board of Directors meeting immediately following the Annual General Meeting on Wed, October 7, 2020. The meeting will be open to the public and will allow the newly elected Board of Directors to select the officers for the 2020-2021 year.
You can RSVP for the AGM and use the same Zoom credentials.
- Call to Order
- Minutes of the September 2, 2020 Board Meeting
- Receipt of Electronic Motions:
- Motion to Recommend the 2019-2020 Financial Statements for Adoption
Be it resolved that 2019-2020 Financial Statements of the Riverside Park Community Association be received, as per the recommendation of the 2020 RPCA Financial Review Committee.
Moved: Barbara Haines/Joel Duff Carried (September 16, 2020)
- Motion: Nominations Committee Chair Appointment
Whereas Sandra Kearns has been forced to resign from the position of RPCA Nominations Committee Chair for personal health reasons; and
Whereas Councillor Riley Brockington has approved the release of Andrea Ward to oversee the RPCA election; therefore
Be it resolved that Andrea Ward be appointed as the RPCA Nominations Committee Chair for the AGM on October 7, 2020.
Moved: Joel Duff/ Carried (September 21, 2020)
- Motion: Approval of Election Buddy Contract for a Single Election
Be it resolved that the RPCA engage Election Buddy to host online Director Elections during the AGM on October 7, 2020, if necessary.
Moved: Joel Duff/Barbara Haines Carried (September 21, 2020)
- Motion to Appoint Interim Membership Outreach Coordinator
Whereas Sandra Kearns has had to temporarily step away from her role as RPCA Membership Outreach Coordinator for personal health reasons; therefore
Be it resolved that Leslie Sheedy be appointed as the Interim Membership Outreach Coordinator.
Moved: Joel Duff/Barbara Haines Carried (September 23, 2020)
- Motion to Set Proxy Deadline
Whereas the RPCA will be conducting its first online AGM and will have limited capacity to process proxy forms and verify memberships in real time, therefore
Be it resolved that a 48 hour deadline be set for receiving proxies.
Moved: Joel Duff/Mark Staz Carried (September 23, 2020)
- New Business
- Officer Elections
- Assignment of Committee Chairs
- Communications & Outreach
- Community Safety
- Environment & Parks
- Gardening Committee
- Land Use, Development, and Transportation
- Libraries Matter
- Recreation and Rinks
- Officer Elections
- Other Business
- Next Board Meeting: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 – 7:00 pm