The RPCA Board of Directors will hold it’s first meeting of 2021 virtually by Zoom on Wed, January 6, 2021. We were joined by River Ward Councillor Riley Brockington for neighbourhood and municipal updates, followed by relevant community discussions. We have invited Ottawa City Planners to discuss Ottawa new “Official Plan”, which has controversial implications for Riverside Park. The meeting was open to the public.
- Call to Order
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Receipt of Minutes of the December 2, 2020 Board Meeting
- New Business
Special Presentation on Ottawa’s New Official Plan
Guest: Lorraine Stevens, Ottawa Planning Department
- Presentation: Report: Riley Brockington, River Ward Councillor
- Presentation: Report: RPCA Board of Directors
- President’s Report
- Old Business
- Support for Conroy Pit Safety Campaign
As resolved at the December 2020 meeting the RPCA sent a letter to the National Capital Commission and the City of Ottawa in support of greater safety initiatives at Conroy Pit.
- Promoting Play and Safe Outdoor Activities at Local Parks
At the December 2020 meeting, it was moved by Kate and seconded by Joel to allocate $750 for the purchase of toy bins for local parks, pending feedback from Ottawa Public Health.
- Other Business
- Proposal: Riverside Park Public Art Strategy
- Board Retreat: Saturday, January 9, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 –7:00 p.m.