The 2021 RPCA Annual Meeting of the Members will be held online on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 7:00 pm. Members of the RPCA will be able to elect 4 Directors, vote on motions, and debate important issues affecting the Riverside Park neighbourhood.
Any Riverside Park resident can vote at the meeting, but your membership must be current. Click here to join or renew your membership ($20/year for families or $10/year for individuals):
Start Time: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
Join the meeting by Zoom ID: 918 2360 8307; Passcode: 773504
One-tap dial-in by phone: +16475580588,,91823608307#,,#,,773504
- Call to Order
- Land Acknowledgement / Welcome / Introduction to Officers and Directors.
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Receipt of Minutes of the October 7, 2021 RPCA Annual General Meeting
- Public Presentation & Discussion:
Riverside Park Community Visioning Session
We will be joined by a panel of experts who will help prompt a conversation about how to evolve neighourhoods in a social, equitable, economical and environmental way. The panel will be followed by a public brainstorming session to imagine our own future.
- Kate Cathrae, RPCA Director
- Toon Dreessen, Architects DCA
- Steve Winkelman, Ottawa Climate Action Fund
- Rebecca Aird, Ottawa Community Foundation
- Director Elections
- 1 position in the Mooney’s Bay Neighbourhood
- 2 positions in the Riverside Park West Neighbourhood
- 1 position in the Revelstoke Neighbourhood
The Nominations Committee will present an Election Slate with a list of all qualified candidate nominations received before the close of nominations (7 pm, Tuesday, October 5, 2021).
- Presentation: 2020-2021 RPCA Board Report
A Board Report covering the activities of the past year will be presented.
- 2020-2021 Financial Statements
- Presentation: River Ward Councillor Report
Councillor Riley Brockington will present his River Ward Councillor’s Report to the RPCA, providing updates on Riverside Park, Ward 16, and City Hall.
- Follow up to the Walkley Road Corridor Transportation Update
At the September meeting of the RPCA Board, city staff delivered a comprehensive presentation Walkley Road Corridor Transportation plans.
At this meeting, the RPCA Transportation, Traffic Safety, and Transit Subcommittee will present a report and recommended priorities for discussion.
- Halloween Event Planning
- Other Business
- Next Annual General Meeting: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Upcoming Meetings of the RPCA Board of Directors:
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 – Immediately following the AMM (Zoom Meeting)
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
Volunteer for the Board of Directors
The RPCA is recruiting volunteers to fill 4 vacancies on our Board of Directors:
- 1 position in the Mooney’s Bay neighbourhood
- 2 positions in the Riverside Park West neighbourhood
- 1 position in the Revelstoke neighbourhood
The term of office is two years, from October 2021 to October 2023.
The RPCA Bylaws can be downloaded here.