October 14 Updates
Board of Directors 2022-2023 representing the five (5) Neighbourhoods
Season of Skating Rinks approaches contact email@example.com to volunteer.
A few updates from this past week’s RPCA meeting from our City Councillor :
1. Spray painted markings in Mooney’s Bay Park, base of hill and area of Canada 150 park
Update: These markings were for cross country meets that were held in the park and other meets will be held later this month.
2. Canoe Bay Property
Update: Marketing of the property has ended. The agent, JLL, is in discussions with a number of potential buyers
Further to your inquiry, below is an update on the progress of the project.
• The Surveys and Mapping Unit will be completing the field work for the topographic survey tomorrow. The plan drawing will be compiled next and should be ready in November.
• The City has retained an environmental and geotechnical engineering consultant to prepare a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), a Phase II ESA and a Preliminary Geotechnical Investigation.
• The Phase I ESA is currently underway.
• Borehole testing for the Phase II ESA and Preliminary Geotechnical Investigation is planned to start the week of October 31 and is being scheduled around the cross-country running bookings at the park.
• Locates will be conducted by the end of October prior to the borehole testing. The field crew from the Surveys and Mapping Unit will be returning to the site to pick up the locate information for the topographic survey.
• A walk-through of the Beach Pavilion was conducted by staff.
• A draft building program and site program have been prepared and will be refined later after the survey plan is available and an equipment inventory has been completed for the storage rooms.
• Future work includes reviewing the proposed universal washroom building by the Canada 150 playground from a business case perspective, preparing development options, initiating the feasibility study with Infrastructure Services, drafting the terms of reference for the feasibility study, and consultant procurement.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact RCFS management or myself.
Burl Walker, MCIP, RPP
Planner 3, Parks and Recreation
Parks and Facilities Planning
Recreation, Cultural and Facilities Department
City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Drive, 8th Floor West
Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
Tel: 613-580-2424 ext. 27891